Santa with Coop & Piper

Thursday, November 20, 2008

We are in Beijing!!

We are here! – Beijing
Our travels to China have been smooth so far. The nice man at Indy upgraded us to Economy Plus, which means 5inces extra of leg room…whooohooo! The flight to China was not too bad Scott and I both slept some watched a couple of movies and read a book. My brother Steve arrived about 3o minutes before us and we found our guide immediately. Several of the families in our group also had a layover in Chicago so we got to meet them and hear their stories. One family is from Nora(15 minutes from Carmel). She works at Lily and is traveling with her parents and her 8 year old adopted daughter from China. Other families are from Milwaukee, Chicago, Knoxville and Seattle. We arrived at our hotel around 7pm and got checked in and then went to the local market to buy water and some food. Our guide asked if we wanted Pizza Hut, McDonalds or KFC, we opted for Chinese and it was very good! I stuck with my tofu and Scott had pork. When I ordered a beer our guide was worried that it would be too big for me to drink, so I told her I would split it with Steve and Scott, 3 shared beers later she was worried about us oversleeping. Too funny! Our hotel is very nice and I got to check it all out at 3:00am. Scott and I both slept from 9:30pm to about 1:30am. So in my sleepless state I tried to workout (fitness room opens at 6am), go to the Starbucks(opens at 6am) so now I am updating my blog!

When we left Indy we were so sad to say goodbye to Cooper and in his always joyous state he smiled and waved and yelled “see you soon”. No tears from him.
Beijing is 13 hours ahead of Indy. So we are waiting until 5am to call home and talk to Cooper.

Today in Beijing we are leaving the hotel at 8:30 to go sightseeing. Last night walking around it was hard to believe we were in Beijing. It has the feel just like all big cities but the amount of bikes is overwhelming. I can’t wait too see what the day holds. 3 more days until we get to hold our precious Piper. Below are pictures of us in the airport and our guide. More soon!

2 comments:

B-squared said...

Glad you had a safe trip over. This brings back so many great memories. Can't wait to see pictures of you with Piper! Have fun!

lbre969903 said...

Today Evan came home from school announcing Cooper was getting a new baby sister as if he hadn't heard it before. It seems he is as excited as Cooper. Guess he will have to come over and play with the new baby! Praying for safe travels!


We are home!

Walking soon...????

Happy Baby!

Nan Yun Mei